Great news! If you are a candidate for oral appliance therapy (OAT) to help your obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), it is far and away, the least expensive therapy and the most comfortable option. Your Medical Doctor might also offer you other options, lets look at some.
Jaw surgery is where they break your jaw and reposition it to make more room for your tongue and open the airway.
- Expense: $50,000 – $80,000 +
- Pain Level: Pretty significant up front, moderate during recovery (up to 6-weeks)
- Invasive: Sometimes, revisions are required and the effects dissipate over time making additional therapies necessary
Implanted Electrode Nerve Stimulator (also known as Inspire)
- Expense: $60,000 +
- Pain Level: Significant post surgery, moderate during recovery and minimal during use
- Invasive: Revision surgery and pre-surgery might be required, battery replacement with additional surgery
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- Expense: $6,000 (might be covered by medical insurance and Medicare if it is used)
- Ongoing supply costs: Disposables, Cleaning machine and supplies
- Invasive: Ongoing appointments for mask fittings, Traps infectious materials making cleaning difficult, Sprinkles out exhaled infectious particles, Electrical cords and hoses that are cumbersome, Mask on your face
Oral appliances with therapy can range from $500 – $7,500 depending on many individualized factors including the severity of your Apnea, the shape of your mouth and the health of your joints (TMJ). The only way to know what’s BEST FOR YOU is to do a comprehensive medical and dental evaluation. That’s where the process begins but that’s NOT where it ends. Once we make a device, it has to be adjusted or calibrated to get YOU the ideal, best possible result. This is not a “set it and forget it” system.
Oral Sleep Appliance
Oral sleep appliances are a highly effective, non-invasive treatment option for snoring and sleep apnea.
- Expense: Oral appliances with therapy can range from $500 – $7,500 depending on many individualized factors including the severity of your Apnea, the shape of your mouth and the health of your joints (TMJ). Continuous care appointments are recommended annually to ensure that the fit and functionality of your appliance is proper and maintains your maximum medical improvement is being achieved.
- Non-invasive: Wears like a sports guard
- Convenience: Portable, pocket size and easy to clean.
Will Insurance Cover It?
If you have medical DME benefits and/or medical insurance benefits for OAT (every plan is different), we will help you file for reimbursement of your earned benefits. We will also finance your investment through our trusted financial partner, CareCredit®. We want you to get every DIME you deserve from plans that you’ve worked so hard for and contributed to.
There are over 150 types of oral appliances available for custom fabrication, and fewer which can be used for a 30-day trial period. This is where I can really maximize the benefits that you could see from OAT. With custom appliance selection based on your mouth, muscles, and movement, the most appropriate appliance can be chosen for your therapy.
Once we receive all of the required papers from your Sleep Physician regarding your specific medical diagnosis along with the results of any previously attempted therapies such as CPAP therapy for your OSA, we can begin the process that will result in you…
- Sleeping better
- Regaining your vitality
- Improve your overall health
- Improve your quality of life
- And add up to 10 years to a life worth living
How’s that for an INVESTMENT?
Dr. Angela Lunn is Chattanooga’s FIRST and currently, the only Board-Certified Dental Sleep Medicine Specialist. Why would you put your health in someone else’s possibly less qualified hands?
A Word About Insurance
Insurance Companies are middle men in the health care system we now have. It’s a tough place to be. As the middle men, they act as a conduit for money and, along with Federal and State governments, make rules to manage YOUR hard earned money. Plus, Insurance companies are responsible to their shareholders. They must make a profit. They are all about numbers and money and have never met you. They keep your benefits which also pays for their well-paid executives’ bonuses! At whose expense?
At Chattanooga Sleep Dentistry, we treat you with a precision, personalized diagnosis, custom therapy, and necessary monitoring for the life of your therapy. Your insurance company treats you like a number.
That is their business is handling money and making rules.
Our business is providing diagnosis and therapy at the highest level of care to reach Maximum Medical Improvement for you!
The investment you make in your health will be the best investment you have ever made for you and your family.